Succulents and cacti are a an interesting and cool way to add some green to your home. They come in all sorts of wonderful shapes and shades and here are some tips on how to look after them:
1. Don’t over water them
Never let a succulent sit in water, and always water the soil, not the plant
2. Keep them in dry, cool conditions in winter.
Some don’t need to be watered at all in the coldest seasons
3. Replant them in spring.
Dust off the leaves, remove any dead ones and give them some liquid plant feed
4. Use a heavy pot.
If a plant is heavier than the pot it’s in, it’ll tip over
5. Let the soil dry out between watering.
Especially between April and September
6. Use rain water, not tap water, when possible.
Tap and filtered water and contain minerals and salts that may lead plants to become unhealthy
7. Repot it using specialist compost.
Yep, special cacti and succulent compost exists
8. Don't plant them in anything that won't drain.
They don’t like having soggy roots
9. Keep them in an east-facing window if possible.
They like light, but not getting sunburned